Cooking, health and nutrition, gardening, natural history, earth sciences, history, fine arts, popular culture, biography, literary anthologies, children’s books, computers, diaries and calendars.
- Concept development (including creative concepting/repurposing using client’s archive and backlist material, particularly for cooking and gardening titles)
- Project management (from concept development to final artwork/CTP)
- Project management by remote, using FTP (including managing team members in different countries)
- Creation of simultaneous multi-language coeditions (separate text plate)
- Adaptation of UK and US titles for Australian market, and vice versa
- Commissioning design (concept, layout, corrections)
- Commissioning food photographers, stylists (food/prop), cooks, recipe testing
- Commissioning illustrations, diagrams and cartography
- Editing (structural and copyediting, in Australian, UK or US English)
- Picture research
- Commissioning qualitative and quantitative market research
- Preparation of mailpieces for direct marketing promotion (via post and magazine insert)
Ariana Klepac has more than 23 years’ experience in Australian general trade, direct mail and academic publishing, specialising in illustrated non-fiction global publishing (multi-language). Ariana has worked in-house at Doubleday Australia, International Masters Publishers, Simon & Schuster Australia, Weldon Russell Publishing and Weldon Owen Publishing. Since 1998 Ariana has run her own packaging business in Balmain, Sydney.
Ariana Klepac Publishing works with a large team of experienced editors, writers, technical writers, nutritionists, CD developers, computer programmers, designers, illustrators, picture researchers, photographers, stylists, proofreaders and indexers.